Winter Doldrums Attacking Your Company?
Eww. Its that time of year again when everyone is ready for Spring and feeling blah thanks to the cold weather and seeing brown grass and leafless trees…and this includes your company’s sales staff. Bottom line is, you bottom line isn’t looking so good right now because nobody is motivated to go out and sell your product. Franklin Family Entertainment Center in Franklin, Tennessee has your solution.
Did you know that Franklin Family Entertainment is the perfect place to hold a team building event for your employees? It’s true. Think about it, when you are planning a team event to motivate everyone, you need to find a place that generates two things…goodwill and enthusiasm. And what better place to achieve those than a bowling alley? Seriously, bowling is fun, accessible and economical, making it the perfect activity.
Jay Pope, the co-owner of Franklin Lanes, explains a few of the reasons why holding your team building event there is the perfect venue:
- Competitive…But Not Too Competitive: A little competition is a good thing. But it’s never fun competing against someone who whoops you every time and it’s definitely not fun when competition goes too far and feelings get hurt. But think about this:
*Bowling is fun. *Bowling it laid back. *Bowling is great for any athletic skill level.
Most importantly, bowling at Franklin Family Entertainment Center creates such a fun vibe, there is a slim chance of anything getting too heated between competitors.
- Bowling is Social: One of the more social sports you can participate in, bowling is great for team building because it allows co-workers to interact with one another outside of the work environment. Stronger relationships can develop because of this, leading to working together better.
- Bowling is Fun: Besides the actual act of bowling which is fun, bowling offers a unique opportunity for goofy rituals that other sports don’t. For example, you could have your co-workers dress up in costumes or provide them with cool team bowling shirts. You could also have contests like the first one to get a split or a strike. And of course, what team building bowling outing would be complete without a post game ceremony complete with trophies? (By the way, if you are stuck for clever contest ideas, just ask one of the employees at Franklin Lanes; they have seem ‘em all.)
- Wallet Friendly: Everyone is tightening their belts these days, even big corporations, but dollar for dollar, taking your group to a bowling alley is an economical way to improve morale and teamwork…two improvements that more than pay for themselves.
- Great For Every Ability/Skill Level: If you are able to pick up a bowling ball, I guarantee a great time. Even if there is a handicapped or special needs person on your team, no problem. Franklin Lanes can set it up so that when its their turn, bumpers will automatically come up and then go back down after their two rolls (or one if they get a strike). No matter your ability, bowling will set you up for success and a great time.
If you check out the photos on Franklin Family Entertainment Center’s website, www.franklinlanes.com or www.franklinfec.com, you’ll notice that everyone, no matter their age or ability, is smiling or laughing…obviously having a great time. They say a photo is worth a thousand words, but don’t take their word for it, book your corporate team building event today and see for yourself. I guarantee your employees will not only be ready to hit the pavement again, but they’ll also be asking if they can do this every winter when the doldrums kick in:-)